Corporate Commercial/Securities Legal Assistant- Intermediate to Senior
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join a highly esteemed law firm working with a senior partner.
• Update and revise a variety of often lengthy documents;
• Maintain records of all client files, related records and general files;
• Edit, format, print and revise letters, memos, reports, forms, labels and other printed material using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, from dictation or other instruction as required;
• Perform a variety of routine tasks as well as special projects as required;
• Answer the telephone, route callers, take messages and provide routine information to callers;
• Maintain daily appointment calendars, meeting bookings, make travel arrangements as required;
• Input all time entries daily and process all accounts for the lawyers;
• Open and close client/matter files;
• Open and sort mail;
• Perform administrative and related duties as assigned and to assist others in the department as required;
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Legal Assistant position;
• Formal Legal Assistant education and training an asset;
• Experience in Securities required;
• Intermediate PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.);
• SEDAR experience desirable;
• Detail oriented;
• High energy, able to use good judgment and maintain professionalism;
• Able to ensure utmost confidentiality and use of discretion at all times;
• Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectations;
• Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals;
• Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple internal and external clients;
• Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.