Intermediate Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
Our down town client requires a commercial litigation legal assistant immediately to work with a very busy lawyer.
As a stellar Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant you will be diligent in your work ethic and have superior practice-management skills to keep one very busy partner organized!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Transcribe and type legal documents
• Organize and expedite flow of work
• Route or answer correspondence
• Initiate follow-up as required
• Organize and maintain client files
• Communicate with clients
• Schedule meetings
• Perform clerical, administrative and general office duties
• Perform administrative duties with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Legal Assistant Diploma preferred
• Minimum 3 years litigation legal experience with a solid knowledge of commercial litigation required
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients and lawyers
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills
• Detail-oriented individual with good proofreading skills
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
• Able to set own priorities while maintaining flexibility
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org