Law Clerk - Personal Injury Litigation
Our client is a highly respected National Law firm located in downtown Calgary who is currently seeking a Law Clerk, Personal Injury Litigation. Ideally they require an assistant who has 3+ years of direct experience, ability to prioritize a busy desk, top notch communication skills, committed and looking to join a fast paced Partner. The incumbent prepares legal documents, maintains records and files and conducts research to assist professionals in litigation law with an emphasis on personal injury work and large file management. Our client offers a highly competitive compensation package including flex days and many other perks to the selected candidate!
· Calculates litigation time lines and ensures deadlines are met
· Liaises with clients and professionals
· Initiates the organization of and manages files or parts of files
· Drafts Court documents such as Affidavits, Motions, Affidavits of Records, Bills of Cost, etc
· Create and manage a document database, cross-reference production, exhibit documents, transcripts, etc. using Summation
· Provides litigation support prior to and during trials and hearings
· Reviews transcripts to summarize and prepare lists of outstanding items
· Assembles answers to undertakings
· Files and serves documents
· Prepares charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence for use on discovery and trial
· Performs legal research as generally required in preparation of pleadings etc
· Performs research on rules of procedure for various courts and administrative tribunals
· Law Clerk or Legal Assistant diploma/certificate
· 3+ years related work experience in general litigation and Personal Injury
· Medium to high level of experience in personal injury, including settlement proposals
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact on a professional basis
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Produce a high quality and quantity of work product
· Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.