Corporate Service Paralegal - Cores Level 3
The successful candidate will assist corporate professionals to ensure the maintenance of corporations for which the Firm acts as Registered Office are maintained. They will also assist in the preparation of various documents pertaining to a high level of corporate and tax law transactions. This position receives some direction or guidance; most tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
· Receives directions from the professional on the status of the file, the steps required for the conduct of the file, with instructions to meet critical deadlines.
· Drafts a variety of documentation, including resolutions, agreements and prescribed forms for various jurisdictions, in accordance with legislation and/or governing regulations.
· Assists the professional to ensure that each action on the file conforms to the requirements of the governing statutes, regulations and jurisdiction’s Government Department.
· Assists in the preparation of documentation and attends closings
· Drafts documents related to incorporation and organize both Provincial and Federal corporations.
· Assists professional with corporate due diligences, corporate reorganizations, share or asset purchase transactions or tax reorganization.
· Conducting due diligence minute book reviews including recommendations as to deficiencies.
· Attending to follow up and maintenance of registrations under relevant legislation.
· Preparing annual documentation in accordance with relevant governing statutes and regulations.
· Drafting share provisions pursuant to professional’s instructions.
· Initiates follow up actions where and when necessary.
· Prepares reports on an as needed basis.
· Any other duties as required.
· 8 years as a Law Clerk/Paralegal
· Law Clerk/Paralegal or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate
· Minimum Level III CORES Accreditation
· Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
· Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
· Knowledgeable about current relevant legislation and government regulations
· In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles
· The ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy
· Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, under tight timelines
· Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
· Handle stress in a business-like manner
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Knowledge of ALF or other similar software
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.