Intermediate Real Estate Legal Assistant
· Type legal documents from precedents/handwritten notes and dictation
· Prepare draft correspondence and documents
· Prioritize workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established deadlines
· Maintain files; including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, etc.
· Handle telephone and mail correspondence, both incoming and outgoing
· Administration duties, including time entry and bill preparation
· Other duties as required
· Completion of a recognized legal assistant program is preferred
· Minimum of 3 years legal assistant experience; experience in Corporate and Residential Real Estate an asset
· Above average technical aptitude with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Detailed oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
· Strong organization skills
· Highly motivated and personable
· Able to prioritize work
· Capacity to work effectively within deadlines and short-time frames
· Willing to take initiative
· Responds to everyday tasks with little supervision
· Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
· Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.