Commercial Real Estate Assistant/Paralegal
Our esteemed client, a leading, full service Canadian law firm of over 140 lawyers skilled in virtually every aspect of business law and litigation who serves clients in the energy, business, financial, insurance, new technology and real estate sectors in Canada, the U.S. and beyond. What sets them apart from their competitors is that they are Calgary's biggest standalone firm. They provide employees with a supportive and cohesive work environment that recognizes and rewards hard work and determination.
We are currently recruiting for a Real Estate Overload Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for a
Legal Assistant looking to expand on their knowledge in the area of Real Estate. We require an individual
who can utilize their skills to provide effective support to our Real Estate Business Unit Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the opening and closing of Commercial Real Estate files
· Preparation of Closing Books for Commercial deals
· Assisting with preparation of Commercial Mortgage documents
· Preparation of vendor and purchase transaction documents and paying out files
· Assist with posting of time entries for various lawyers in the department (as and when needed)
· Diarize files as appropriate - including allowing time for document preparation and registration
· Assisting with document revisions
· Provide support with monthly billing summaries, cash receipts, filing, couriers, etc.
· Cover absences and vacations
· Other duties assigned based on applicant's experience - may run real estate files
· Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
· Qualifications and Experience:
· Legal Assistant Diploma from an accredited institution
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a law firm with at least two years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.