Legal Assistant - Real Estate
Contract Position - June 21st to August 31,2013
• Type legal documents from precedents/handwritten notes and dictation
• Prepare draft correspondence and documents
• Prioritize workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established deadlines
• Maintain files; including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, etc.
• Handle telephone and mail correspondence, both incoming and outgoing
• Administration duties, including time entry and bill preparation
• Other duties as required
• Completion of a recognized legal assistant program is preferred
• Minimum of 3 years Legal Assistant experience, experience in Commercial Real Estate an asset
• Above average technical aptitude with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detailed oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
• Strong organization skills
• Highly motivated and personable
• Able to prioritize work
• Capacity to work effectively within deadlines and short-time frames
• Willing to take initiative
• Responds to everyday tasks with little supervision
• Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
• Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.