Intermediate Legal Administrative Assistant - Advocacy (One Year Maternity Leave Contract)
The successful candidate will work in our advocacy department. This position requires 5+ years experience specifically in the areas of insurance and professional liability, insurance & medical defence and personal injury.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional’s practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate
• Accurately prepare legal documents and correspondence with little or no direction
• Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence
• Coordinate flow of documents between legal professionals, various internal and external individuals and clients at all levels
• Work proactively in the day to day support of the professional’s practice
• Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professional of administrative detail
• Generate documents based on digital dictation
• Arrange meetings for the professional including discoveries, judicial dispute resolutions etc.
• Keep files up to date on a consistent basis
• 5+ years advocacy experience including insurance and professional liability, insurance & medical defence and personal injury
• Strong knowledge of Alberta laws
• Legal Assistant Diploma from a recognized post secondary institution
• Ability to handle a heavy workload
• Superior organizational skills are a must
• Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal with clients in a professional manner
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills including the ability to set priorities while dealing with conflicting stressful situations
• Interpersonal skills required to work effectively with other staff and professionals
• Digital dictation experience
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.
Reis Search Group is a Calgary-based executive search firm specializing in the permanent placement of professionals including: Legal Assistants, Paralegals, Associate Lawyers, Office Services, Accounting Staff, Administration, IT Professionals, Marketing & Human Resources Professionals within a vast range of industry sectors. With a team of highly trained professionals, Reis Search Group is dedicated to aligning you, the candidate, with our top tier clients.
Our mission is to build solid long-lasting relationships through in-depth industry knowledge, integrity and commitment to providing unparalleled service.