Senior Legal Assistant - BUSINESS LAW
The successful candidate will work in the Business Law department. This position requires 9+ years experience in the areas of general corporate commercial law with emphasis on debt financing, acquisitions and divestitures, including asset and share purchases, and derivative transactiions.
• Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional’s practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate
• Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence
• Experience with drafting resolutions and other documents
• Co-ordinate flow of documents between legal professionals, various internal and external individuals, and clients at all levels
• Work proactively in the day-to-day support of the professional’s practice
• Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professional of administrative detail
• Generate documents based on digital dictation
• Arrange meetings for the professional
• Keep files up-to-date on a consistent basis
• 9+ years business law experience specifically in the area of of general corporate commercial law
• Legal Assistant Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
• Ability to handle a heavy workload
• Superior organizational skills are a must
• Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal with clients in a professional manner
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
Visit our website to explore all opportunities: www.rsgrecruiting.com
Previous Law Firm experience along with a legal diploma is required for this position.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
We thank all interested applicants but only selected candidates will be contacted.