Senior Legal Assistant, Litigation
• Draft and prepare correspondence, including letters, memos and litigation documents, working with MS Word and firm precedents.
• Edit, format, print and revise letters, memos, litigation documents, reports, forms, labels and other printed material from dictation or as otherwise instructed.
• Continuous management of files and paper flow, including the process documents (i.e. organizing, scanning and saving document to document management system based on practices for the Litigation Group), ensuring appropriate mode of delivery (emailing, faxing, delivery, service, etc.) is applied and a superior ability to manage the processing of multiparty correspondence efficiently and effectively.
• File management, opening multi party new files, maintaining large and complex files; keeping an accurate and up to date record of location of physical files and organizing of law and precedent files.
• Management of key dates, including physical bring forward system, diarizing dates in lawyers’ calendars and utilizing firm’s central diary system.
• Manage all processes related to client billing in a high-volume practice.
• Coordinate client and internal meetings, arranging for catering and other requirements as needed.
• Input all time entries as per lawyers’ instruction.
• Provide excellent customer service when answering the telephone, routing callers, taking messages and providing routine information to callers.
• Open and route incoming mail, distribute correspondence and other material to the appropriate party.
• Perform administrative and related duties as assigned and assist others in the department as required.
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with all staff in the department and also those in ancillary areas of the firm.
• Perform a variety of routine tasks as well as special projects, as required.
• Work in a team environment which includes occasionally supporting other legal assistants and legal staff.
• Other legal duties as required.
• 5-7 years' experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant, with a minimum of two years in Litigation.
• Team player who can work in a fast paced environment with excellent customer service skills.
• Capacity to manage multiple requests and to work calmly under pressure.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail as it relates to drafting of correspondence, proofreading and preparation of client bills, often under challenging time constraints.
• Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Outlook. Capacity to learn other firm-specific software
• A professional, energetic, and proactive approach. Demonstrated “take charge” attitude to ensure lawyers’ practices are managed with the utmost effectiveness and efficiency.
• Formal Legal Administrative Assistant education and training an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-orientated individual with desires of being part of a large, evolving and successful organization with the ability to impact the future success.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume to email@example.com
Our client offers a lucrative compensation structure, an exceptional benefit plan as well as exceptional career growth potential.