FAMILY LAW LEGAL ASSISTANT (3 Positions Available)
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you!
3 of our top notched law firms have immediate openings for legal assistants with Family Law experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Daily correspondence, document preparation (including divorce applications), dicta-typing, drafting and filing court documents;
• Compile and manage litigation documents;
• File preparation and management;
• Book meetings, court dates, discoveries, mediations, and adjournments;
• Arrange telephone / office and court appointments;
• Prepare binders, open / close and diarize files;
• Send out documents for searches and filings;
• Conduct searches and carry out investigations through internet and other means;
• Liaise with clients on file progress;
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
• Formal Legal Administrative Assistant (Secretary) education and training an asset;
• Intermediate PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.);
• Extensive knowledge of legal procedures is required;
• Strong understanding and familiarity with various litigation legal precedents and procedures;
• Must have thorough understanding family law processes and documentation;
• Knowledge of Family Law Practice Notes;
• Knowledge of Notice to Disclose requirements and the ability to collect and organize relevant materials;
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in confidence to Sue Reis at firstname.lastname@example.org