Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries!
We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment where talented professionals can prosper. If you have a resourceful "can-do" attitude and you'd like to join a successful and innovative high-tech company, we'd like to hear from you.
We have an opening for a talented individual to join our team in a senior/lead position as a Senior UI Developer and HTML/CSS expert. We are looking for someone who is a front-end guru with considerable UI experience. The successful candidate needs to be passionate about HTML/CSS coding and must be highly productive, self-motivated, creative, and have excellent communication skills in order to provide direction and work with our talented UED team. This is an opportunity to be a leader and make a difference in our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create standards-compliant, cross-browser-compatible HTML & CSS for visual designs with pixel-level accuracy and attention to detail
• Work with User Experience and Engineering teams to define, maintain, implement, and enforce style guides, standards, reusable mark-up, and best practices for client-side coding
• Develop rapid prototypes of potential new products, features, or widgets (e.g. Facebook apps, Google widgets, iPhone apps) either as proof of concept or to assist in requirements identification
• Optimize performance of client-side code taking into account issues of page weight, complexity, SEO, network, user perception, and other effects
• Produce and optimize image assets for high performance (including crunching and use of image sprites)
• Monitor best practices, trends and new technologies and evaluate for possible adoption
• Assist development teams with client-side coding and bug fixing as needed
• 5-7 years recent UI experience
• HTML mastery including thorough knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues
• CSS mastery, with working knowledge of progressive enrichment through CSS3
• Experience with integrating the front-end with server side technologies such as C# and PHP
• Familiar with Photoshop or similar tools for working with visual designs
• Proactive self-starter with the ability to work one-on-one with other functional groups (including QA, Product Management, and Engineering)
• Experience working with team members across locations and open to travel
• Familiar with user experience best practices
• Experience with wireframing
• Experience with Ajax, JSON, and social media APIs
• Familiar with .Net environment and Visual Studio
• Experience creating UIs for mobile platforms
Please submit a link to your online portfolio to be considered for this position.
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Senior User Interface Developer” from the list of available positions or email your resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.