Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries!
We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment where talented professionals can prosper. If you have a resourceful "can-do" attitude and you'd like to join a successful and innovative high-tech company, we'd like to hear from you.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Lead Software Engineer to join the Search and Data Service team. As a member of this team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering life cycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful service roll out. You will play a major role in influencing the technical direction and work on the team while building a technically strong team. You will take a hands-on approach to the work being done on the team and be able to make an impact through leadership and individual contribution. The solutions you help to create will have significant impacts on our industry-leading web applications.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Power the most popular online real-estate application (www.realtor.com) and family of sites
• Lead technical design, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
• Provide technical guidance to team members
• Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building reusable application components that are easy to maintain, troubleshoot, and test
• Document and communicates architecture, design, and tasks to team members
• Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
• Responsible for work breakdown and estimating timelines and resource needs
• Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
• Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
• Propose solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovation and trends
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• 10+ years of hands-on coding experience developing complex, large scale software
• Proficiency in C# and .NET is required, proficiency in at least one other modern programming language would be an asset
• Deep knowledge of building high performance, reliable and scalable web services
• Solid experience of database systems, both Relational and NoSQL databases
• Development experience on both Windows and Linux platforms
• Effective technical leadership skills to deliver projects at high quality and on time
• Experience using SOLR or other search engines is an asset
• Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
• Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer …
• Challenging work that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
• Cutting edge software delivery methodology and software development tools
• Exposure to enterprise level software development and delivery platforms
• Continuous learning and training to build deep product, technical, and professional skills; and
• Competitive rewards and benefits
• Opportunities for career advancement and mobility
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Senior Lead Software Engineer - Web Services” from the list of available positions.